Provides direct nursing care and treatment including medications and supervises nursing responsibilities assigned to nurse aides.
- Maintains appropriate nursing services, goals, and standards of nursing practices consistent with licensure requirements and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Makes rounds at beginning and end of shift; updates oncoming charge nurse on resident situations and conditions requiring attention during shift change report.
- Reviews medication orders for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to stop orders. Prepares and administers medications and treatments as ordered by physician, documents designated medication and treatment records, and modifies resident’s responsible party of any new orders.
- Makes appropriate entries into chart with full documentation as required for various procedures and actions; understands the importance of complete and accurate documentation of all aspects of resident condition, treatment and medication regime and performs accordingly; supervises and monitors dietary and fluid intake and nurse aide documentation.
- Observes, recognizes, and reports to the attending physician and responsible party any significant changes in the resident’s condition.
- Protect residents from accident or injury. Prepares incident reports including investigation of incident and notifies physician and responsible party as required.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management and/or the Director of Nursing.
Summary of Qualifications
- Graduate of a state approved school of nursing and currently licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners and in good standing.
- Must possess the special requirements of tact, courtesy, and understanding necessary for caring for residents. Must be able to relate positively to residents and their families and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to supervise nurse aides and medication aides (if applicable).
- Ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must successfully complete skills checklist for continued employment.
- Must meet current and/or future training and/or educational requisites of applicable local, state and/or federal standards.
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
- LVN: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Benefits:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance